Requirements Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S.Citizen and eligible for consideration.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
Conditions Of Employment
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- TELEWORK: FTA supports various work life flexibilities to include, maxi-flex schedules and telework up to 80% as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized up to 80% telework as approved by management.
- PCS/RELOCATION/RECRUITMENT: Permanent Change of Station (PCS), Relocation, and Recruitment Incentive authorization varies by position/selection.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- TIME-IN-GRADE: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the competitive or excepted service in the executive branch to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
To Qualify For The Grade 13, You Must Have At Least One Year Of Experience Equal Or Equivalent To The GS-12, It Must Include
- Experience in applying qualitative and/or quantitative methods to conduct policy analysis of organizational program operations.
- Experience in providing project and program management.
- Experience communicating technical information through presentations and written materials to a wide range of audiences.
To Qualify For The Grade 14, You Must Have At Least One Year Of Experience Equal Or Equivalent To The GS-13, It Must Include
- Experience in conducting policy analysis for transportation programs that involve multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in providing project and program management oversight in support of public transportation operations.
- Experience communicating technical information through presentations and written materials to a wide range of audiences to include senior level officials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Policy Analyses
- Project Management
- Technical Competence
For all types of consideration, experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
All applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This is not a Bargaining unit position.
COVID VACCINATION: If selected, you will be required to provide information regarding your COVID-19 vaccination status for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions if similar vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.
- Help Help A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.