The Senior Analyst position will work with senior staff providing project management, research, financial, and analytic support for a wide range of clients and assignments. The Senior Analyst will be assigned to a group of projects, which may include local procurement and hiring analytics; geographic information systems analytics; real estate strategy; evaluation of specific real estate transactions; analysis of economic, demographic, and civic trends; and other research in support of a wide variety of client engagements. The Senior Analyst will have significant client contact and, depending on ability, may take lead responsibility for specific projects or clients. In addition, the Analyst will participate in preparing proposals and other marketing efforts on behalf of the firm. Responsibilities include:
- Collect, organize, and clean large datasets (50,000+ records) within Excel; run analytics using Excel and potentially Tableau.
- Utilize Geographic Information Systems (ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro) to create maps and perform spatial analytics; load maps and interactive databases onto ArcGIS Online;
- Analyze market, real estate, demographic, and institutional data; research best practices for urban real estate and economic development and current market trends or environments;
- Coordinate and schedule project team meetings, prepare agendas and meeting minutes, and follow up on assignments;
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, reports, memos and other materials for current clients;
- Prepare project work plans, budgets, and schedules;
- Assist in business development including drafting proposals, development of responses to RFPs for consulting services, and preparation of marketing materials for prospective clients;
- Coordinate and provide support to project team members, including design and construction professionals, attorneys, financial advisors, and planning consultants.
- Recent graduate of a Master’s program with an interest in real estate, economic development, consulting, planning, or a related field, and a strong interest in and penchant for data management and analytics. Previous work experience and/or coursework should demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of parcel data analysis and real estate trend analysis.
- Experience and high proficiency with Microsoft Excel, especially in managing larger datasets; experience with database structure (rows/columns), advanced functions (vLookUp, IF, etc), and Pivot Tables a plus.
- Experience and fluency in working with GIS, especially ArcGIS and/or ArcPro. Experience with ArcGIS Online a plus.
- Self-motivated; ability to execute tasks independently with minimal instruction. High proficiency in organization and time management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor, especially when communicating with clients; an ability to actively listen to clients and teammates.
- Fluency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Tableau and a design aesthetic is preferred but not required.
- A passion for cities, neighborhoods, active streets, and strong communities.
- Ability to contribute to and mesh with a collegial company culture, to work with grace under pressure and to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Salary & Benefits U3 offers a competitive compensation package, including salary, the opportunity to earn a bonus, and a generous employee benefits package. Salary and bonus reviews are conducted annually. The starting salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. U3 provides the following benefits:
- Medical and Insurance: 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision care insurance, life insurance, and long-term disability; up to ten paid days of sick/medical leave per calendar year
- Vacation: four weeks’ paid time off (PTO) per calendar year; 10 paid federal holidays.
- Retirement: optional self-funded 401(k) plan with employer match up to 4% of salary, eligible after one year of employment.
To Apply Please apply with a resume / CV and cover letter through the link below. Deadline for applications is September 8th. https://airtable.com/shrwVz9DClagYPHLL
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About U3 Advisors
U3 Advisors (U3) Works at the intersection of campus and city. We advance institutional missions through transformative economic, real estate, and programmatic strategies that positively impact communities. Our team is comprised of creative, nimble, and strategic multi-disciplinary practitioners with backgrounds in urban planning, real estate development, GIS, data analytics, higher education administration, finance, architecture, and non-profit leadership. We care deeply about cities and are passionate about making communities more vibrant, equitable, and sustainable. U3 has offices in New York, Philadelphia, and Boston. We are proud to serve as development managers, advisors, and strategists to a wide and diverse range of higher education and mission-driven clients. Current clients include Tulane University, the University of Maryland, the University of Pittsburgh, Johns Hopkins University, Texas A&M, and many others. For more information about our firm and clients, visit u3advisors.com.
At any given time, U3 has 25-40 ongoing projects, affording team members the opportunity to participate in various areas of real estate and economic development consulting and take on multiple client-facing roles. These may include helping clients to monetize real estate assets and select development partners; assisting with public/private partnerships and public approval processes; developing long-term strategic real estate plans for property portfolios; serving as virtual staff to universities seeking to develop new campuses, facilities, and innovation districts; creating new entities to lead neighborhood economic development and engagement strategies; and providing strategic advice around institutional growth and organizational dynamics.