Student Externship Opportunity for Spring Semester 2022: This is a great opportunity for you to gain real-world experience in your field!
Externships are provided by the Rutgers MBS Externship Exchange Program in partnership with the New Jersey Big Data Alliance (NJBDA) via a grant from the US Economic Development Administration (US-EDA). Upon successful completion, students are eligible for a $2,000 fellowship.
- Undergraduate student in Junior or Senior year
- Studying Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science or related majors)
- Have a GPA of 3.0 +
- Must submit application and required items via the NJBDA website by 11:59 PM January 23, 2022.
Students will be asked about related courses, GPA, a personal statement indicating why they are interested in the Externship, relevant skills (Python, R, etc.); and their availability for weekly meetings. Select students must be available for a short interview for the Externships the last week in January.
- Students will work as a team virtually throughout the semester. A team of 5 students will be selected for the project.
- The company/organization defines the scope of work to be performed by the student team. This will be a New Jersey-based company.
- Students are engaged 8-10 hours per week remotely; this includes attending Tuesday evening professional development labs (5 – 6:30 PM ET)
- Each project has a Rutgers MBS Faculty Advisor and a company Mentor assigned to the team.
- General information about the MBS Externship Program is available at https://mbs.rutgers.edu/externships – Do not use the Rutgers MBS application to apply, please use the link below.
The Application and all related information is available here. Details are also on the attached flyer.