Research Assistant Position at the Voorhees Transportation Center:
Together North Jersey Regional Plan
The Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center (VTC) at the Edward J. Bloustein School School of Planning and Public Policy is currently looking Research Assistant. The research assistant will assist with all aspects of the Together North Jersey regional planning project. This position will have a focus on research, writing and communications support.
About Together North Jersey: Encompassing a region spanning 13 counties and covering more than fifteen different topic areas, the Together North Jersey plan lays out a vision, strategies, and specific actions to create a more competitive, efficient, livable and resilient future for North Jersey. The project is in the implementation phase, and VTC is working with TNJ partners to prioritize actions and monitor progress towards achieving the goals of the plan. Project activities include delivering local technical assistance projects to municipalities, maintaining communications with and outreach to all stakeholders and holding capacity-building events to promote awareness and use of effective strategies and actions and foster implementation.
Research Assistant responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Research, writing and overall support for the Together North Jersey regional plan update, including topics such as Transportation and Mobility; Land Use, Development and Housing; Open Space, Parks, and Recreation; Agriculture and Farmland Preservation; Art, Historic, and Cultural Resources; Environment and Natural Resources; Sustainability and Community Resilience; Healthy and Inclusive Communities.
- Provide support to the Together North Jersey local technical assistance program, assisting with a variety of on-the-ground planning initiatives in communities within the 13-county region.
- Assist in planning technical assistance and training activities on a wide-variety of planning topics through the Together North Jersey Institute
- General communications support including, developing project summaries, fact sheets, brochures, etc.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent written, research, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments independently and under tight deadline
- Graphical capabilities preferred, such as InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
Hours and compensation: This position works up to 20 per week. Compensation will be based on previous experience.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email Miriam Salerno at Miriam.email@example.com with their resume. In lieu of a formal cover letter, please include any relevant information about interest/experience in the body of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Voorhees Transportation Center (EJB)
The Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center (VTC) is a national leader in the research and development of innovative transportation policy. Located within the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy at Rutgers University, VTC has the full array of resources from a major research university on transportation issues of regional and national significance. VTC includes the National Transit Institute, which was created by Congress in 1992 to design and deliver training and education programs for the U.S. transit industry.