Please follow this link to submit an application.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of the affordable housing development process: concept, design, financing, construction, and lease-up. You will report to the Director of Real Estate Development and will work in collaboration with the Director and the rest of the Development team.
- Prepare and manage project underwriting/financial modeling/proformas
- Prepare and coordinate funding applications, grant requests, and RFP submissions
- Facilitate architectural, land use, and budget approvals throughout the development cycle
- Solicit and negotiate consultant proposals including architects, general contractors, sustainability consultants, etc.
- Manage project pre-development meetings and construction site meetings
- Coordinate and review project due diligence during pre-development and construction and conversion transactions
- Manage projects in construction, prepare requisitions, track progress, and monitor timelines
- Evaluate existing buildings in WSFSSH’s portfolio for refinancing and repositioning opportunities
- Collaborate with other internal departments including Property Management, Social Services, Leasing, and Finance
- Passion for affordable and supportive housing, learning new things, New York City in general, urban nerdom
- Strategic thinker, problem solver, expert at managing up and across, proactive, a nudge
- Phenomenal organizational skills, attention to detail, multi-tasker, patience with bureaucracy
- Comfortable with knowing what you don’t know, asking questions, occasional grunt work
- Very comfortable with financial analysis, database, and presentation applications such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- 2-4 years prior employment and/or academic experience with affordable housing development and/or real estate finance. Relevant degrees may include fields such as Planning, Real Estate, Architecture, Public Policy, and Community and/or Economic Development.
Employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About West Side Federation for Senior and Supportive Housing (WSFSSH)
WSFSSH is a non-profit housing developer, property manager, and service provider providing affordable housing and services to the elderly, homeless individuals, persons living with HIV/AIDS, individuals with mental illness, and others in need for over 40 years. Today WSFSSH owns, manages, and provides supportive services in 30 buildings (in Harlem, the Bronx, and the West Side of Manhattan) serving over 2,500 low-income New Yorkers.
WSFSSH develops and manages a range of housing – including independent apartments, single-room-occupancy residences, and licensed adult care facilities – on the Upper West Side, Central Harlem, and the South Bronx. Several buildings are co-located with community facilities that benefit our residents and the surrounding neighborhood. Examples include federally qualified health centers, senior centers, dental clinics, daycares, and community meeting spaces. In addition, WSFSSH has completed five major projects comprising nearly 800 units and 110 shelter beds in the last eight years. Our current 5-year pipeline includes 5 projects, both new construction and rehab.