Job Description – Research Assistant (Small Area Estimation Project)
Anticipated duration of appointment – June – September, 2022
Target hours per week: 20
Target pay range :16-19 / hour.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Research Assistant, in data analytics, machine learning & spatial data analysis at the Rutgers Urban & Civic Informatics Lab.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for the conduct and execution of research following the instructions given by the Research Computing Specialist and laboratory team. This will include primarily supporting the research of the lab’s small area estimation project involving the analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data and related grant-funded research activities.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for attending laboratory meetings and for learning appropriate scientific methods and procedures in data analytics & informatics to support the development of the project. Candidates with exposure to social science research, GIS, R, Python, machine learning and / or spatial data analysis will be preferred.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Responsible for supporting data analyses as outlined by the Principal Investigator or a member of laboratory team using R, RStudio and related data tools.
- Assists with creating data visualizations and interactive graphics / reports for the project.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of manuscripts and blog posts.
- Performs other duties as directed by lab management.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Current graduate students at Rutgers preferred
- Writing sample / portfolio / coursework demonstrating basic experience with programming or scripting in R, Python, Julia, C or similar.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter and / or a link to view your portfolio or GitHub to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com